Potato With Butter (Recipe – Japanese Cooking)
I'm going to show you how to make this delicious snack using potato and butter. I mean, who doesn't love the combination of potato and butter!? It's gotta be good, right? Yes, it's amazing, and it's amazingly easy to make! So let's get started!
- 2 potatoes
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt (to taste)
- First we are going to cook the potatoes. I'm going to show you how to do it quickly using a microwave oven. First, lay a sheet of plastic wrap on the table. Then soak a paper towel in water and then lay it on the plastic wrap.
- Then place washed, skin-on potatoes on the paper towel, and wrap the potatoes with the paper towel. Then add another layer of plastic wrap on top and cover the potatoes and the paper towel completely with the plastic wrap. And pop this in the microwave oven and cook it at 500W for about seven minutes or until the potatoes are soft. The wet paper towel will keep the potatoes very moist while they are cooked in the microwave oven.
- Once the potatoes are completely cooked, take them out of the microwave oven and remove the plastic wrap and the paper towel.
- Now we want to make the skin a bit crispy, so we are going to pop these potatoes in the toaster and bake them for a few minutes until their skin becomes a little crispy.
- While the potatoes are in the toaster, place one or two sheets of aluminum foil on the cutting board.
- Then place the baked potatoes on the aluminum foil, and use a knife to cut an X across the top of each potato.
- Then shape the aluminum foil into a bowl to sort of gather the potato pieces and hold them in place. The aluminum foil helps to hold the shape of the potatoes as well as keep them warm.
- Then sprinkle a generous amount of salt and place a generous amount of butter into the incisions of the potatoes.
- And we are done! Let's transfer this onto a plate and eat!
- Feel free to adjust the ingredient amount to your taste.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 528.8kcalCarbohydrates: 74.4gProtein: 8.8gFat: 23.1gSaturated Fat: 14.5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5.9gTrans Fat: 0.9gCholesterol: 60.2mgSodium: 593.2mgPotassium: 1800.3mgFiber: 9.4gSugar: 3.3gVitamin A: 708.2IUVitamin C: 83.9mgCalcium: 57.8mgIron: 3.3mg
Hi! I’m a Japanese woman who lives in Tokyo. My passion is cooking and eating food. Read more about me at https://sakurayubi.com/about/