Stir-Fried Chicken and Veggies Using Shio Koji (Recipe – Japanese Cooking)
I'm going to show you how to cook this simple and delicious dish. It's stir-fried chicken and veggies. I know, I know, you all know how to stir fry chicken and veggies. But this one is not quite like others. There are a few twists and tricks involved to make it extra delicious. So let's get started!
- 230 g chicken thigh or breast (Chop it into pieces.)
- 1 tbsp shio koji
- 200 g vegetables (Use any vegetables you like. Chop them into pieces.)
- 1 tbsp oil
- Use chicken thigh or chicken breast, whichever you like, but it should have skin-on, and, have it marinated in shio koji for at least a couple of hours.This one had been kept in the freezer like this and then defrosted.Shio koji makes the meat soft and juicy and brings out umami from the meat as well.
- Turn the heat to low to medium, and oil the pan. Place the chicken skin side down. And we will leave them like this for 20-30 minutes until all that fat from the skin comes out. We are going to use this fat to season the veggies. Make sure to keep the flame low because shio koji burns very easily.
- Let's bring up the heat to medium to high and go ahead and add the veggies.Use any veggies you have in your fridge. This is a simple dish. No complex seasoning is involved. Let's celebrate the beautiful flavors of the vegetables. I love vegetables. You see, they are like a sponge. They suck up all that yummy oil from the chicken skin. This is why this dish is so delicious.
- Stir fry them for a few minutes until the chicken and veggies are cooked. Season it with some salt and pepper, give a bit more stir, and we are done. Enjoy!
- Feel free to adjust the ingredient amounts to your taste.
- What Is Shio Koji? (The Complete Guide)
- How to Make Shio Koji (Recipe)
- Shio koji products: – If You Are Outside of Japan Shio koji by marukome 200g (7.05 ounce): https://geni.us/8vWX0vj Shio koji by marukome 500g (17.6 ounce): https://geni.us/tIoxH2b – If You Are in Japan Shio koji by marukome 500g (17.6 ounce) x 2: https://geni.us/Kbbw0C
- As an Amazon Associate, I earn a percentage of what you pay on qualifying purchases.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 711kcalCarbohydrates: 20.7gProtein: 40.1gFat: 52.3gSaturated Fat: 11.4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 12gMonounsaturated Fat: 24.7gTrans Fat: 0.3gCholesterol: 225.7mgSodium: 744.6mgPotassium: 992.4mgFiber: 5.8gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 1042.7IUVitamin C: 68mgCalcium: 83.4mgIron: 2.3mg