Oil-Marinated Oysters (Recipe – Japanese Cooking)
Today I'm going to show you how to make oysters marinated in oil. This dish is full of umami and goes really well with alcoholic beverages. If you like oysters, you will love this dish. So let's get right into it.
- Put some oil in a heated pan. Then add some chopped garlic. When the garlic starts to give out nice fragrance, go ahead and add oysters, the juice and all. I'm using defrosted, steamed oysters here, but you can use raw ones as well.
- Add a little bit of white wine, and cook the oysters just until they are cooked through.
- Then take out the oysters.Don't throw away any of the juice from the oysters. We are going to use it to make a delicious sauce.
- Turn the heat to high and add some oyster sauce, soy sauce, and rest of the juice that came out from the oysters.
- Cook this until it thickens like this. Then add the oysters back into the pan. We are going to coat the oysters with this sauce.
- Once there is barely any liquid left in the pan, turn off the heat.
- Transfer them into a container.
- Then sprinkle some pepper corns. I'm using a mix of multi-colored pepper corns, but you can use any type of pepper corns you like. Especially pink ones and black ones go really well with these oysters. Then add a few bay leaves on top. And then pour olive oil to cover the oysters.
- And we are done!This will keep for a few weeks in the fridge.Use the leftover oil for cooking other dishes. 🙂
- Feel free to adjust the ingredient amounts to your taste.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 237.6kcalCarbohydrates: 4.1gProtein: 2.2gFat: 23.2gSaturated Fat: 3.2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2.5gMonounsaturated Fat: 16.7gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 5.6mgSodium: 884.9mgPotassium: 80.5mgFiber: 0.5gSugar: 0.4gVitamin A: 17IUVitamin C: 0.7mgCalcium: 24.9mgIron: 1.2mg