Japanese Leafy Green With Shio Koji (Aemono) (Recipe – Japanese Cooking)
I'm going to show you how to make this simple and delicious dish using leafy greens and shio koji. We Japanese call a dish like this "aemono". Aeomono is a dish where vegetables or other ingredients are mixed with seasoning. This dish is super easy, quick to make, and excellent when you want some greens. So let's get started!
- 200 g leaf vegetable (Use any green vegetable you like.)
- 1 tsp shio koji
- First, we are going to cook the leaf vegetable. I will show you how to do it easily using a microwave oven. First, lay one or two sheets of plastic wrap on the table. Then wash the leaf vegetable of your choice and then place it on the plastic wrap. I'm using komatsuna today.
- Then cover it with another layer of plastic wrap and wrap the vegetable completely. Pop this in the microwave oven and cook it at 600W for three minutes or until the vegetable is cooked.
- Then take it out of the microwave oven and let the wrapped vegetable rest in cold water until it is cooled.
- Once the vegetable is cooled, squeeze it and drain water out of it as much as you can.
- Then remove the wrap and chop the vegetable to bite size pieces.
- And add them to a bowl. Then add a little bit of shio koji and mix well. Have a taste, and add more shio koji according to your taste.
- Then go ahead and plate this and sprinkle some sesame seeds. You can use bonito flakes instead too. And we are done! Enjoy!
- Feel free to adjust the ingredient amounts to your taste.
- What Is Shio Koji? (The Complete Guide)
- How to Make Shio Koji (Recipe)
- Shio koji products: – If You Are Outside of Japan Shio koji by marukome 200g (7.05 ounce): https://geni.us/8vWX0vj Shio koji by marukome 500g (17.6 ounce): https://geni.us/tIoxH2b – If You Are in Japan Shio koji by marukome 500g (17.6 ounce) x 2: https://geni.us/Kbbw0C
- As an Amazon Associate, I earn a percentage of what you pay on qualifying purchases.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 27.8kcalCarbohydrates: 4.7gProtein: 2.9gFat: 0.4gSaturated Fat: 0.1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.2gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.01gSodium: 169.9mgPotassium: 558mgFiber: 2.2gSugar: 0.4gVitamin A: 9377IUVitamin C: 28.1mgCalcium: 99mgIron: 2.7mg
Hi! I’m a Japanese woman who lives in Tokyo. My passion is cooking and eating food. Read more about me at https://sakurayubi.com/about/