Miso Soup (Recipe – Japanese Cooking)
I'm going to show you a quick and easy way to make delicious miso soup, or what we Japanese call "miso shiru". This is how I always make my miso soup at home, and I love my miso soup. It's so comforting and good for you. So let's get started!
- 300 ml water
- 2 tsp dashi powder
- 100 g vegetables (Use any kinds you like. I used sweet potato and cabbage.)
- 20 g fried tofu (aburaage) (Optional. You can use tofu instead.)
- 1 g seaweed (wakame) (Optional)
- 1.5 tbsp miso
- Let's turn on the heat to medium, and add water, dashi powder, and all the other ingredients except miso into a pot. We will add miso at the end. Feel free to use any ingredients you like for your miso soup. Vegetables, soybean products such as tofu and fried tofu, and seaweed are popular choices. Let's cook this on low heat for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are soft. While the veggies are cooking, a lot of good flavors will come out from the dashi powder and give that depth to the soup.
- Now all the veggies are soft. Let's go ahead and add miso. Miso will dissolve in the soup easily. We can stop the heat now. Check the flavor and add more miso according to your preference.
- And we are done! Let's serve and eat!
- Feel free to adjust the ingredient amount to your taste.
- As an Amazon Associate, I earn a percentage of what you pay on qualifying purchases.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 161.6kcalCarbohydrates: 28.5gProtein: 10gFat: 1.8gSaturated Fat: 0.3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.8gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.3gCholesterol: 0.2mgSodium: 1318.9mgPotassium: 314.4mgFiber: 5.5gSugar: 7.4gVitamin A: 457.4IUVitamin C: 37.5mgCalcium: 84.5mgIron: 2.1mg
Hi! I’m a Japanese woman who lives in Tokyo. My passion is cooking and eating food. Read more about me at https://sakurayubi.com/about/