Japanese Veggies Mixed With Sesame Seeds (Goma Ae) (Recipe – Japanese Cooking)
I'm going to show you a quick and easy way to prepare a delicious veggie dish called goma ae. "Goma" means sesame seeds, and "ae" means to mix. So this is a dish of veggies mixed with sesame seeds. It's slightly sweet, comforting and healthy. Let's get right into it.
- First we are going to cook the veggies. You can cook them in any way you like, but I'm going to show you the quickest way to do this. Wash the vigges, and wrap them in a plastic wrap.
- Pop it into the microwave oven and cook at 600W for one to two minutes, depending on the amount of your veggies.Take out the veggies from the microwave oven. Let them cool a little bit.
- Chop the veggies in a bowl into bite-size pieces.Here is my quick tip: Use kitchen scissors for little chopping like this because the cleanup is so much easier than chopping on a cutting board. You only have to wash the scissors, as opposed to washing a cutting board and a knife.
- Then add sugar, soy sauce, and sesame seeds.
- Mix a little bit, and our goma ae is finished!
- Feel free to adjust the ingredient amounts to your taste.
- As an Amazon Associate, I earn a percentage of what you pay on qualifying purchases.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 82.2kcalCarbohydrates: 16.8gProtein: 4.2gFat: 4.2gSaturated Fat: 0.6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1.9gMonounsaturated Fat: 1.5gSodium: 509.6mgPotassium: 267.5mgFiber: 3.7gSugar: 3.4gVitamin A: 690.7IUVitamin C: 12.2mgCalcium: 116.8mgIron: 2.4mg