Tofu and Yogurt Ice Cream Using Shio Koji (Recipe – Japanese Cooking)
Today I'm going to show you how to make delicious ice cream using tofu, yogurt, and shio koji. Tofu is low in calories and carbs, and yogurt and shio koji are both fermented foods so they are good for your gut. This can be a nice little treat when you are on a diet. So let's get started!
- Open up a sealable plastic bag and secure it in a little glass or a container so it will be easy for us to add the ingredients inside the bag.
- To this, add all ingredients.
- Then seal the bag and mix everything together.
If you have an ice cream maker
- Go ahead and use your ice cream maker to freeze this mixture.
If you don't have an ice cream maker
- Don't worry, I'll show you how to make it into ice cream without the machine.First, flatten out the bag, and place it in the freezer and let it sit there for three hours or longer until the mixture becomes frozen.
- Once the mixture is frozen, take out the bag from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes until the mixture becomes a little softer.
- Okay, about 20 minutes have passed. Let's knead the frozen mixture and make it really soft. I suggest you wear gloves so you don't freeze your hands.
- Once the mixture becomes really soft, gather it to the bottom of the bag.
- Then open up the bag and scoop up the ice cream.
- You see it's really soft and like 30% melted? That's the best time to eat this ice cream. Enjoy!
- Feel free to adjust the ingredient amounts to your taste.
- What Is Shio Koji? (The Complete Guide)
- How to Make Shio Koji (Recipe)
- Shio koji products: – If You Are Outside of Japan Shio koji by marukome 200g (7.05 ounce): https://geni.us/8vWX0vj Shio koji by marukome 500g (17.6 ounce): https://geni.us/tIoxH2b – If You Are in Japan Shio koji by marukome 500g (17.6 ounce) x 2: https://geni.us/Kbbw0C
- As an Amazon Associate, I earn a percentage of what you pay on qualifying purchases.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 139.6kcalCarbohydrates: 29.8gProtein: 10.4gFat: 6.7gSaturated Fat: 2.5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2.1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1.8gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 324.6mgPotassium: 160.2mgFiber: 0.6gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 99.3IUVitamin C: 2.4mgCalcium: 215.1mgIron: 1mg